Super Bowl XLVIII, Broncos vs. Seahawks. Who’s your vote for?

PhotoCo%3A+ipredictus.com
PhotoCo: ipredictus.com

When it comes to the Super Bowl, it is a big deal. Many people get riled up, excited, stores go all out, prices go up on sports gear.  Business were even allowing employees to support the Broncos. Employees at Chick-fil-a Park Meadows were allowed  to dress up in Broncos gear leading up to the big game,wear jeans and a broncos shirt or jersey.

KYGO Radio is doing a challenge called Big Game Football Squares. LIsten in to KYGO for the right cue to call in and win a square on the KYGO Big Game Football Board. On saturday check the KYGO Facebook page to find out what the winning numbers are, if they match the score at the end of each quarter on Sunday’s big game you could win special prizes.

Screen Shot 2014-02-11 at 12.20.04 PM
Prizes you could win for the KYGO Contest
PhotoCo: Ashley Larrison

How does HR staff celebrate ‘Super Bowl Sunday’?

“Have a party,” said Bas Wolf, HR English teacher. “We invite friends and neighbors over to come and watch the superbowl with us.” Wolf is supporting the Broncos

What do others do that aren’t a huge sports fan?

“I make lots of snacks,” said Alexandra Malach, HR English teacher. “And I give myself a mani pedi.” Malach is supporting the Broncos.

Throwing a huge party for the Super Bowl, getting more fans out there cheering on your team is a big deal to some. It’s a time to gather with friends, family, neighbors and have a great night cheering on your favorite team. But the Broncos not scoring until the last quarter basically was a huge surprise to some.

The Broncos have not been to the super bowl in 16 years, they have only won twice since founded in 1959.

The Seahawks have appeared in the super bowl twice since founded in 1976 and have won once.

Screen Shot 2014-02-11 at 12.26.11 PM
Final Score for the Super Bowl XLVIII
PhotoCo: Ashley Larrison

Ashley Larrison, Editor in Chief