Upcoming Big Movies of 2024

Leading the way for the future

Student leaders make contributions to the climate and culture of their schools and communities, and it’s important to many to celebrate that!

National Student Leadership Week (NSLW) is a nationwide, annual theme-based week devoted to recognizing and supporting the roles of student leaders. NSLW is a week celebrated at HR brought to you by Student Senate. Schools all across the nation, are celebrating this week from April 16th to the 19th, with the chosen theme from NatStuCo, “Make your mark on the world: Dream. Lead. Serve.”

Kelsey Newman, sophomore, said, “This week is an opportunity to recognize and honor the people in our community who are making an impact with their daily actions.” As a brief overview of how people are getting recognized for their daily actions, people from Senate will be going around on Wednesday handing out certificates to honor students.

The students receiving a certificate will have shown leadership qualities throughout the whole year. The students will be getting nominated by one of their teachers, and with this nomination and certificate, they will able to attend a brunch on Thursday during Homeroom.

A goal of the week that English and Senate teacher, Brad Odice, said, “Is to boost morale for those who are recognized and to create a snowball effect as this week positively goes through our school.”

Student Senate believes the leaders should take initiative and make HR the best place it can be. Zoe Siegel, sophomore, said, “Some man once said, ’Leadership is not a position or title; it is action and example,’ and saying that I think that it is great that at our school we were able to recognize the people taking the actions and setting examples.”

Libby Borgerding, Staff Reporter

NSLW- Infographic, Borgerding
An overview of NSLW. Infographic by Libby Borgerding