Upcoming Big Movies of 2024

To homecoming or not to homecoming

Homecoming is a huge part of the fall semester at any high school. A lot of kids get really excited about dress up days and planning their perfect homecoming night. Then there are some kids who have never set foot on the dance floor.

For some, it’s hard to understand why you wouldn’t want to go to a dance that you only get to attend four times. Once high school is over, your chances are gone. Some students look at it as a chance to dress up and have fun with their friends. “I go to hoco because I always have a great time with my friends. It’s a great way to get involved, and it’s one of the highlights of my year,” said Annie Hoodecheck, junior. Others see it as a chance to ask someone and have a romantic night, whether it be with a girlfriend/boyfriend or that person you’ve been crushing on that sits next to you in science.  

For others, it’s just not their thing; some students are so against school dances that no matter how many decorations are down the hallway or how peppy the pep rallies get, nothing could convince them to go. Others just don’t have anyone to go with. “I’ve never had anyone to really take as a ‘date,’” said Danny Snader, senior.

For those of you that don’t have pre-existing opinions, here are some pros and cons to going to homecoming.

Some benefits of going are that you’ll have a good time with your friends, even if you don’t have a date. You’ll get to experience the dance that senate has worked so hard to put on. Even if you don’t dance, there are other things such as karaoke and a photo booth.

Some benefits of skipping the dance are that there can be less pressure about taking a date and making it the perfect night. Nothing is worse than you and your date not being on the same page about your relationship.

Having weighed the pros and cons, my belief is that everyone should go to the dance. It’s an experience that you only get a few times, so why not make the best of it? Although high school may not be the best time of your life, there are some pretty good opportunities that each and every student should take advantage of and create lifelong memories.

screen-shot-2016-09-30-at-8-39-54-am
    GraphicCo: Lexi Crea

Lexi Crea, Social Media Editor