Alex’s lemonade stand

The stand is located between the commons and the main office. Senate plans to open it in November.
PhotoCo: Megan de Guzman
The stand is located between the commons and the main office. Senate plans to open it in November. PhotoCo: Megan de Guzman

Since the opening of Alex’s Lemonade Stand in November 2015, there has been a struggle to raise money for this charitable foundation. “ I think the lack of success, for a number of reasons would be: the lack of third periods, the push by other groups to realize it can be a success, and some advertising on our part,” said Rashaan Davis, senate teacher.

Junior senate is trying, and they’re trying to do the best they can to make this grow. “ We need everyone on board for this, like how Canyon comes together for Wish Week; we need to establish it as a cause for our school to support,” said Emma Noverr, junior. Senate has a goal of $2,000 they want to reach by the end of the school year.

“We, as a school, should care about one schoolwide project,” Davis said. “ I think a lemonade stand is suitable for the entire campus; it’s a very inexpensive way to do a great thing”. The whole reasoning behind bringing the stand to HR is to raise money and awareness for childhood cancer. During Academic Assistance Tuesdays and Thursdays, senate will be selling lemonade for $1 a cup, at the window by the commons.

Screen Shot 2015-11-13 at 9.12.19 AM
Lemonade Stand located between the main office and commons. PhotoCo: Tristan Garner

For more information on the importance of this fundraiser, visit http://www.alexslemonade.org or watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJFonCkyps4

Abby Gallarzo, Staff Reporter