A look into the world of car meets

During this school year, people have found lots of new ways to have fun with their friends, with most trying new things. One of the activities that some are trying and enjoying are going to car meets, which usually happens at night on Fridays or Saturdays.

These car meets are about car enthusiasts gathering together to enjoy the culture and the thrill of driving fast, as well as the look of everyone’s cars. The way people find out about these meets is either by hearing someone talk about it, or through any platform on social media. From there, someone would post the time and place, and everyone else would show up. Brian Soto Valladeres, senior, said, “For my group meets, we just post a flyer. No specific place, just on all social media platforms.”

The key reason people go to these is not only because they can enjoy their cars together, but because they can hang out with friends, and even meet new people. Valladeres said, “My favorite part is enjoying my favorite hobby and also enjoying it with others that have the same interests.” These meets are for everyone. Even if some don’t like cars, they can still go and socialize with their friends and meet new people.

Caleb Boyes, senior, said, “Every meet is different. Some are more established and have a website, but overall just getting experience from one or hearing it from somebody is the best.” On average, around 250-500 people attend these meets, and there are many spots where these meets can take place. Boyes said, “There’s a first spot and usually a second and third. The specific one I go to always starts in Thornton.” 

When showing off cars, people will try and have their cars cleaned up as nice as possible to show them off at these meets. Lots will focus on interior and exterior cleaning, so people will get a thorough look at what you’ve done to your car. After people are done discussing the changes and modifications made to their cars, they will sometimes end up going on a cruise to another place. Some use these meets as their source of inspiration for how they want to mod their cars, and others will use it to socialize and have a good time. The main point of these car meets is about networking and socializing, with a general love for cars. 

Jaysen Anderson, Staff Reporter