HRHS Fundraising

HRHS Fundraising

Student Council has done many different fundraisers to help with the cost of non-student related activities. Current fundraisers, in the process are Mr. Falcon and pinwheeling.

All student related costs are covered by prom ticket sales, but things like chaperone costs and any other non-student related fees are paid with the help of fundraisers.

Some examples of the events are the Mr. Falcon male pageant fundraiser and the pinwheel fundraiser. These two projects help HR pay fees for all kinds of student activities, like senate and most importantly, prom.

The Mr. Falcon fundraiser is an activity for male students to be a part of a model contest. “It’s like a runway show. There is even a swimsuit edition that is incorporated,” said Cole Miller, HR junior on student senate.

Every student must have filled out an application as well as signed contract to ensure that everything is age appropriate.

The Mr. Falcon competition is a unique way to fundraise, but it keeps getting canceled due to conflicting schedules of sports and other extracurricular activities.

Even though Mr. Falcon keeps getting canceled or moved to a different date, HR student council has other plans to earn money.

An uncommon fundraiser that the student council does is pinwheeling. It is an activity that happens at night and takes place every three days.

Student council will stick small pinwheels in the front yard of someone’s home. “I think it is cool that Student council is doing that, it is helpful and it seems like a really neat idea to help out our school,” said Jo Foery, HR freshman.

Then the homeowners have a chance to make a donation and give an address to the next house being pinwheeled. And this goes on every three days; they will be placed, and left for a few days, then council will pick them up and start again.

Fundraisers like Mr. Falcon and pinwheeling are two projects that student council has put together to get the students at HR involved. The fundraising activities also helps raise the $1200 dollars HR needs to fundraise.

Image
HRHS Student Senate has fundraising goal for this year is a total amount of $1,200. As of now they are at the total amount of $260.

Victoria Rockwell, Staff Reporter