Best Valentine’s Day Dates

Because there’s no school on Valentine’s Day this year, the whole day is open for a wide range of fun activities and unique locations made for a romantic date with your loved one.

Inexpensive:

1. Stargazing

If you’re looking for something on the cheaper side, but still equally enjoyable, stargazing with cozy blankets is always a good option, no matter how cliche it may seem. Although a significant flaw in this activity is the possible bad weather, there are many favorable spots such as the Red Rocks Amphitheater. According to Space Tourism Guide, although it risks light pollution from its proximity to the city, due to its wide open space, stargazing is easily accessible on a clear night here. Simply drive to the lower lot, pull out some chairs and take in the stars over Denver.

2. Ice Cream Date

An ice cream date, which includes the bonus of a delicious dessert, is another low-cost idea. If you’re looking to spend even less money by saving on gas, Cold Stone or Baskin Robbins are reliable choices nearby in Highlands Ranch. However, if you’re more interested in a special homemade ice cream shop and don’t mind a little bit of a trek, I highly recommend Inside Scoop in downtown Littleton. With its unique vintage vibes, Inside Scoop’s ice cream is not only fresh and homemade daily, but also appeals to a wider audience with their gluten-free and dairy-free options. Additionally, their flavors are as rare and uncommon as the shop itself is, two favorites being strawberry basil and lavender honey.

Moderate:

1. Brunch Date

Alternatively, if you’re alright with spending this day a little more on the upscale side, I suggest a brunch date at the restaurant Snooze. A simplistic meal, the “snooze classic” comes with eggs, a choice of meat, hash browns, and toast for $9.75. But if you’re after something sweet rather than savory, their pineapple upside-down pancakes with caramelized pineapple chunks, housemade vanilla creme and cinnamon butter for $8.00 are never a let down. 

2. Movie Date

Another middle money preference is a movie date. One movie currently in theaters that would make a good choice for Valentine’s Day is a romance movie called “The Photograph”. Or there’s also the possibility of seeing “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker,” if you’re looking for more of an action film. A movie ticket at AMC Highlands Ranch 24 is usually around $10-12. This theater is also conveniently located by multiple restaurants and Main Event Fun Center to help build on the movie.

Expensive:

1. Dinner Date

Although it’s expensive, nothing says classy like a romantic dinner date at a restaurant such as Seasons 52 or Maggianos. Delicious Italian food at Maggianos adds to the already ornate ambiance of eating at a restaurant that looks like a castle both on the inside and out. According to Yelp reviews, Seasons 52 has four and a half stars and is appealing because of a nice atmosphere and friendly staff in addition to the delectable food.

Whether it’s an extravagant date at a restaurant, or taking a walk under the stars, Highlands Ranch and surrounding areas offer a multitude of enjoyable places and activities to make this Valentine’s Day the most special one yet.

Delaney Atchison, Editor in Chief

A flower bouquet at King Soopers costs anywhere from $7-$30 and makes a great gift for Valentine’s Day. Photo by Delaney Atchison