Shows to watch this fall across all streaming platforms

School’s out and it’s time to party. Just kidding, it’s time to binge watch some shows. With everyone today having their own streaming platforms, what is the best shows for each of them? Well, here is the comprehensive guide of platform specific shows to fill your fall break.

Netflix Exclusives:

BoJack Horseman: Adult Animation

If there is one thing to take away from any of this article, BoJack Horseman is a must-watch for any animation fan. It focuses around BoJack Horseman, old TV star of the family sitcom Horsin’ Around, as his life spirals down towards heartbreak, addiction, death, and so much more. It is not your average animated comedy, like Family Guy or The Simpsons, but rather, BoJack Horseman is the sad look into the life of someone, or some horse, so distraught. But do be wary as it is still a barrel of laughs, even if it makes you question your morals. Now’s the perfect time to watch as the final season releases later this year.

629px-BoJack_Horseman_Logo.svg
Photo Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

LOVE DEATH + ROBOTS: Animation Anthology

LOVE DEATH + ROBOTS, is as it’s called, all about love, death, and robots, but it is so much more than that. The show is a quick binge with every episode being only around 15 minutes, but it packs so much depth in itself. As an anthology series, every episode is different, different animation, directors, voice actors, and everything else. It goes from robot mechs fighting aliens to stories of yogurt becoming sentient. LOVE DEATH + ROBOTS is beautiful, atmospheric, and exhilarating and each episode will leave you waiting to the next. And if nothing else, be sure to watch the episode “Zima Blue” which tackles people’s endless journey towards self-fulfillment it can hold up the show on its own.

Hulu:

The Terror: Horror Drama Anthology

Set in the Northern Arctic in the mid 19th century, The Terror tells the gripping tale of two ships full of explorers lost in the Arctic. It’s based on the true events of the ships, Terror and Erebus, that went missing while trying to find a trade route through the arctic, but it has an elegant horror spin. With blinding sun-drenched snow and not a tree in sight, The Terror will take you down a tale of madness and monsters. The second season is wrapping up and will be on Hulu soon, so now is the time to face your fears, and tackle The Terror.

HMS_Erebus_and_Terror_in_the_Antarctic_by_John_Wilson_Carmichael
Photo Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

What We Do in the Shadows: Horror Comedy

Based off the 2014 movie of the same name, What We Do in the Shadows is a hilariously dark take on your favorite Mockumentaries like The Office. The show follows what is arguably the worst group of vampires you have ever seen as they take on an ever changing and expanding world. What We Do in the Shadows plays on your favorite vampire tropes, while not holding back the gore.

HBO:

Chernobyl: Historical Drama Miniseries

In this short, five episode miniseries, Chernobyl tells the unknown stories of the infamous Chernobyl Nuclear Plant explosion in Cold War Russia. Take a deeper look into what happened on that fateful day through the eyes of fire fighters, first responders, and miners. If you are a history buff, or just interested in the subject, Chernobyl is the perfect watch for an afternoon.

Game of Thrones: Fantasy Drama

Almost everyone and their dog has seen the extremely popular medieval fantasy drama which is a Game of Thrones, but if you haven’t, now is the perfect time to watch with all eight seasons being on HBO. It’s definitely a long watch, but it is arguably one of the best shows of the past decade. With an All-Star cast that fills every role perfectly, Game of Thrones is action-packed, gritty, and at times, hilarious. And pro-tip, maybe don’t watch the last season, it can kind of spoil the show.

16632632814_e3c1d0631f_b
Photo Courtesy of Flickr

Jack Stilwell, Social Media Editor