Poke One proves to be number one new restaurant in HR

If Chipotle and sushi had a baby, then moved to Hawaii, you’d be at Poke One. Serving customizable entrees -similar to Chipotle- with a tropical seafood twist, poke restaurants have grown exponentially. There are 105 poke restaurants as of October in the Denver area, according to Yelp.

Poke is Hawaiian style seafood that usually comes in rice bowls. The current health craze has allowed poke cuisine to expand across the U.S. and all the way to Lone Tree on East Lincoln Avenue. Poke One is a new local business that opened in May.

When walking into Poke One, I was greeted by succulents and graphic T-Shirts with smiling sushi. The atmosphere was clean, friendly, and healthy, matching what you’d expect of the food they served.

The ordering process matches that of a Subway or Chipotle. You stand in line in front of a glass stand to pick and choose what you want on your poke bowl, starting with type of rice, then picking freshly cut fish. The toppings were the best part. They serve things from octopus to cucumbers to Hot Cheetos.

There seems to be hundreds of options. If you are a picky eater, you can find something you would like. The same is especially true if you want to get out of your comfort zone. If you’re a fan of sushi/seafood, chances are you will love Poke One.

The small bowl is $9.95 and the large is $13.95, which is a reasonable price considering the serving. Plus, unlike sushi, you leave feeling satisfied.

Poke One seems to be number one in terms of service, atmosphere and overall food. I would rate 5/5 stars and would recommend to anyone looking for quality seafood in Colorado. Grab a bowl to go next time you are in Lone Tree.

Noelle Harff, Social Media Editor

Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 7.24.11 PM.png