A review on Blue Sushi Sake Grill

A review on Blue Sushi Sake Grill

2154 E Commons Ave #326, Centennial, CO 80122

(720) 283-6383

With the dramatic rise of sushi popularity in American culture during the late 20th century, many sushi restaurants have popped up recently. But how do you know which one to patronize? Who has fresh fish? The best sashimi? The tastiest rice? I’ll steer you in the right direction by telling you about the Blue Sushi Sake Grill on the streets of Southglenn.

Blue Sushi Sake, reviewed as 4.2 out of five stars by Google, definitely deserves a better rep for its food. To start, Blue Sushi has some of the best sashimi around. Sashimi, for those who don’t know, is basically raw fish or other meat, served on a  mound of rice with various sauces or just alone. Blue’s sake toro (fatty salmon) is to die for and tastes pure, especially when combined with eel or soy sauce.

Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 8.01.13 AM
Fatty Salmon with tuna. Photo courtesy of Pamela Robertson

For those who can’t stomach raw fish and would rather have it cooked or combined with other ingredients, Blue Sake has you covered. Their Crunchy Blue roll has cooked spicy crab, panko (breadcrumbs), cilantro, and eel sauce (a sweet sushi sauce). The roll has a noticeably spicy pallet but delivers on the taste with fresh ingredients.

And then there is rice. Being an important pillar in the culinary art of sushi, rice is vital for structure and taste, and Blue Sushi has rice that does both beautifully. Blue Sushi has sticky rice that supports rolls and sashimi without failure, but never overpowers the taste of ingredients at the same time.

Blue Sushi Sake Grill is a wonderful place for a date or just to eat with its very fresh fish and tasty food. Yet, there are many sources who rate it poorly like glassdoor.com which rated Blue at 3.5 out of five stars. This just doesn’t represent the food at Blue Sushi accurately. Personally, I would give Blue Sushi a 4.5 out of five stars and suggest you try it as soon as possible.

Caden Robertson, Staff Reporter