Trick or Treat Street 2016 is a hit!

Who doesn’t love fall? There are so many great things about fall that it’s hard not to have a soft spot for the beloved season. For example, football comes back, the leaves start changing, Starbucks stocks up on pumpkin spice lattes, and Trick or Treat Street occurs at HR.

If you don’t already know what Trick or Treat Street is, it’s when many clubs and activities host games in classrooms and in the halls of HR. Their is a massive variety of games that are held from, hula hooping, cornhole, and even putt putt golf. Many three to ten year old kids in the Highlands Ranch community come to the school to play games, eat candy, and overall just have an awesome time.

This year, HR was expecting an abundance of kids to show up. The decorations had to be all out, and it was surely accomplished. As soon as you walk in the door, you are given a choice of where to go. Choose left, and you are greeted with all of the games that could be played. Or, choose right and you would be heading down the haunted hallway. The overall atmosphere of Trick or Treat Street was ecstatic. Many kids running around, laughing, and playing games.

One of the most popular games of the night was the putt putt competition held by the HR golf team. The main student that ran the booth was Andrew Davis. “Trick or Treat Street was a fun experience because the kids’ excitement when they played all the games was contagious. It was fun seeing how happy the kids got when they made a putt. This made all the work we put in extremely rewarding. It definitely was a great experience to work with the kids,” said Andrew Davis, Junior.

Trick or Treat Street also has many great benefits for the community of Highlands Ranch. Every student volunteer will be given two hours of community service that goes towards their mandatory twenty hours to graduate. “Trick or Treat Street gives kids the opportunity to get interactions within the community as well as giving them the opportunity to see teenagers in a positive light,” said Shannon Wessels, FACS teacher.

Another major part of Trick or Treat Street is the charity work that it does for the community. Throughout the event, donations can be made that will go to Hide in Plain Site. This organization helps teens that are homeless or that are in at risk situations in Highlands Ranch.

“It’s important for kids to help volunteer in trick or treat street because it’s a great way for them to reach out and help the community since around 700 come,” Tala Obeid, Junior.

Kyle Lynch, Staff Reporter

Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 8.36.41 AM.png
Trick or Treat Street Statistics, InfographicCo: Kyle Lynch