First state champion of the year

On the first day, he was in the top three. On the second day, he made a  hole in one. On the third day, he became a state champion. His name is Kyle Pearson and he brought HR their first state championship of the year.

“I’m proud of my brother,” Ryan Pearson, senior, said, “He played great and it’s awesome he is a state champion. If it wasn’t for him, we wouldn’t have gotten as far as we did.” Ryan Pearson is on the HR golf team and is the twin brother of Kyle Pearson.

Kyle Pearson thought it was an awesome experience, but is really happy he brought home a state championship to HR. He said, “It was awesome to end my senior season with first place in Colorado. Honestly, I’m really happy I ended on a high note and got to bring home some hardware to HR.” Kyle continues to say, “If it wasn’t for my teammates, I couldn’t have done it. Having my brother cheering me on and Jackson Crist and Andrew and my coach, it was awesome. It was a great feeling when we were done and got to hold up a championship. I will always love my teammates.”

Jackson Crist, junior and  teammate of Kyle, said, “I couldn’t believe it. My jaw dropped when he hit that hole in one. It was really cool to see him keep crushing it and his score get even better.”

All his teammates love Kyle because as his golf coach,  James Barker said, “He is a very humble man. When he won, it was great moment for us all. He is a stand up man and I am very privileged to have coached him in high school.”

After four years with Kyle, Barker had one thing to say about the type of man he is: “He walks among us like nothing happened, like he never won state. He is just normal old Kyle Pearson, a joker on the course and a great helper to all his teammates. I’ll miss him.”

Dominic Dakovich, Staff Reporter

img_0203-2
 Kyle Pearson picks his golf ball out of the hole after shooting a hole in one. PhotoCo: Bruce Wright