Deborah Lynch becomes assistant principal at neighboring school

Deborah Lynch, social studies teacher, has taken up the offer to become an assistant principal at Cresthill Middle School, and will take over the position starting next year. 

Getting into the position of assistant principal is a process, as multiple other people from different schools apply for the position, and then the pool of candidates gets narrowed down.

The process for becoming an assistant principal involved narrowing the field down from 30 applicants to three candidates. From there a panel of teachers and counselors interviewed the three final candidates. Lynch said, “The panel asked me a variety of questions ranging from what my leadership philosophy is, to how I would handle student discipline issues. After interviewing all of the candidates, the panel recommended me for the position. The next day, Mr. Rundle offered me the job and I accepted.” 

She has already had the chance to meet many of the staff and teachers over at Cresthill. “Over the past year, I’ve gotten to know many of the students and teachers at Cresthill.  I think it is an amazing school with so many caring adults. I hope I can lend some of my skills and experience to the school. I’m also hoping to create a stronger bridge between Cresthill and HRHS. I’d like the teachers and staff to get to know each other better and realize how awesome both schools are.” Said Lynch.

Infographic by Jaysen Anderson. Information courtesy of Colorado Department of Education

Lynch has taught many students, and many have enjoyed their time learning from her. Ethan Vuong, junior, said, “I think that she will be really good at it, and that those middle schoolers are very lucky. It is unfortunate that people won’t get to have her as a teacher anymore though.”

As Lynch moves on to assistant principal, she will miss a lot of things from HR. “I’m going to miss the kids at HRHS the most,” said Lynch. “I’ve loved teaching here because of the students. I will also miss my social studies colleagues and the other teachers. So many great people work at HRHS. The good news is, I will just be next door and will definitely keep in touch.”

Jaysen Anderson, Staff Reporter