Time to tip off the HR basketball season

Keith Coleman looking for an open man. PhotoCo: Mason Bennett

Falcon fans, it’s that time of year again. Basketball season is upon us. The players and coaches are really excited for this 2014-2015 season.

Coming off of a year where the Falcons went 18-8, the boys basketball team ended last year on a sour note, losing to Denver East 63-44 in the playoffs.

Last year, the Falcons were lead by seniors Zach Braxton and Evan Motlong. This year the Falcons will be looking for new leaders.

Some players to watch will be Ryley Stewart and Keith Coleman. Last year, Stewart averaged 13.4 points per game, while Coleman averaged 4.1 rebounds and 2 assists per game.

Sophomore player Alex Mickus said,”I am very excited for this year because I believe we have a very good team.”

Senior captain, Keith Coleman said, “This is good team that we have. This team can be very good if they work hard.”

Losing two key players like Braxton and Motlong will make it a challenge for the team this year, but players definitely are ready for this season to start.

The Falcon boys basketball team’s first game will be on December 5, 2014, against Palmer, here at Ranch.

Mason Bennett, Guest Contributor