HR’s varsity volleyball team changes their game

Screen Shot 2014-11-06 at 11.59.39 AM
Stats from the team of their games against Heritage and Douglas County High School. GraphicCo: Lara Mathews

This year’s volleyball season is coming to a close, and Varsity has reinvented their game. “This season has been an improvement compared to other seasons,” said Mr. Krauss, coach of the Varsity volleyball team and head coach for the program. The team will play at Regionals on Saturday, November 1st, and hopefully qualify for State.

Compared to previous seasons, Varsity experienced the toughest schedule yet. This was because they were up against all the good teams; those that are placed in number one and two seeds in 4A and 5A divisions. However, the girls have pulled through. They won their match against Heritage 3-2, and also their game against Douglas County 3-1.

However, their last game against Regis was a loss at 2-3. “I think we’ve really started working together as a team more and really getting better at our playing skills, ” said Lauren Closs, sophomore on the Varsity volleyball team. The team placed 5th at their most recent tournament at Legend.

“I enjoy the interaction with the players and watching them improve,” said Krauss, “but the girls still have a lot to improve on.” During this seasons, the girls specifically worked on ball control, defense, and holding longer rallies. As season is coming to a close, Krauss hopes the team will qualify in Regionals and make it to State.

Lara Mathews, Staff Reporter