Falcon holiday guide

7518847568_IMG_4528
Festive lights seem to represent the holiday season. Photo by Hannah Dyer

Gifts, friends, and large families, all a recipe for a troublesome season. This is a guide on how to survive the always hectic and wild holidays.

Every holiday season has families and friends come together to celebrate. Most of the time there might be issues that come up. Whether it be the political uncle or a talkative cousin, there are problems. Matthew Lobojko, sophomore, said, “My uncle always asks me how I’m doing with the ladies and I hate it.” The best thing that nieces and nephews can do is roll with the punches and do the best to have a great night and wait for the gifts. Which leads me to my next topic.

Gifts are probably the most complicated part of the holidays. What do I get my sister? What do I get my best friend? As long as you know their favorite store, you can’t go wrong with a gift card. Charlie Wells, junior, said, “I love gift cards. I mean it’s free money to your favorite store.” A gift card gives them more infinite options than they could ever ask for. It says you care enough to know where they shop, all while giving you the relief of stress.

Inviting family over for the holidays often interferes with the plans you and your friends had for the break. Some parents give the freedom to go hangout with friends while family is visiting, some don’t. If your parents happen to be the strict ones, you’ll just have to accept the fact that you have to spend time with your grandpa who still plays that quarter behind the ear trick. If your parents do give you the freedom, don’t take it for granted. There are a lot of people that would kill to have your life.

If you take some of this advice, I’m sure it’ll make your holiday seasons a bit easier. There’s no way to make the holidays stress free, but there are ways to help out. Enjoy the family, and enjoy the gifts, and you’ll make your way through and out of the holidays.

Zach Salcido, Online Editor