Falcons get knocked out of the playoffs against Eaglecrest

After the clutch win against Monarch in the first round with a score of  59 – 53, in an interview with one of the highlight players for HR, Tyson Gilbert, sophomore discussed what their team will be doing to try to take the win against Eaglecrest. Gilbert said, “ Eaglecrest is such an athletic team with a lot of good players, so the only way we can take the win is if we go 110% and outplay them on the court.”

monarch-highlands ranch-bball-61-news.jpg
Tyson Gilbert keeps guard against Monarch’s Ernesto Chavez. PhotoCo: Derek Regensburger

Tyson Gilbert has the 11th most PPG (Points Per Game) with an average of 12.7 PPG and is 10th best in the division for most points at a whopping 293 points, according to MaxPreps. Unfortunately, even after long, hard practices, HR lost to Eaglecrest in the second round 50 – 66.  Eaglecrest had the lead every quarter in the game and ended it by taking Highlands Ranch out of the playoff picture.

After the Eaglecrest game, in a sit-down interview with Mckale Williams #23, who was one of the key players in sustaining a watchable game against Eaglecrest, had some input on why they walked away with a loss that day. Mckale said,  “ Honestly, I think they were just a better team that day. We gave them a dog fight but they shot very well from the field and we weren’t hitting the shots that we usually hit.”

Mckale’s teammates said he was definitely the reason it wasn’t a blowout, but his criticism on himself said otherwise, “My performance definitely wasn’t my best. I felt like I could’ve produced more for the team and it still bothers me that the game ended like that. However, my teammates played their butt off just like coach told them to.”

Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 9.14.46 AM.png
Highlands Ranch’s Nick Rohacek and Mckale Williams celebrate after the win against Monarch. PhotoCo: Derek Regensburger

Rj Kinkaid, Staff Reporter