Let it snow, snow, Snowcoming

The excitement in the halls here at HR has died down as winter formal has come to an end. For this 2015-2016 school year, student senate decided they would bring back winter formal with a fun and seasonal theme- Snowcoming. On the night of January 9th, the gym was decorated with snowflakes and balloons and ready for the students to dance the night away.

“We decided to bring it back because it’s been gone for awhile and we thought it would be fun to have a formal dance for second semester,” said student senate member Allison O’Connell, junior. “People can have something to look forward to when they come back after winter break and the dance gives them a chance to dress up, go to dinner, and get together with friends again.”

As far as the actual dance, there are a few unique things that set this dance apart from Homecoming. The funds are being put towards this year’s prom. Senate worked hard on all of the homemade decorations and set up on the day of the dance. Deputy Coyle, a security guard at HR, was the DJ. “Hopefully it was a good fundraiser for prom, and for the lowerclassmen to have a second semester dance,” said Adam Bessey, junior.

Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 8.57.47 AM
Comparison of Homecoming and Snowcoming. GraphicCo: Lexi Crea

Once the hard work was done, the gym filled with students ready to have fun and teachers who generously volunteered their time to chaperone. “I thought it went really well. It was a really good turn out and it was nice to see that everyone was just there to have fun,” said O’Connell. “It was fun to hang out with friends,” said Bessey.

Overall, the dance seemed to be a success and will hopefully be returning next year.

Lexi Crea, Staff Reporter